FRED Tutorial Information
There are several ways to use the FRED system:
- Use this web site,
- Access FRED from mobile devices through the FRED Mobile App,
- Download FRED Navigator, or
- Download the FRED software distribution from the Download tab above.
The following sources provide more information:
- How to view FRED simulation results via the web (PDF)
- How to set up FRED simulations via the web (PDF)
- How to use the FRED mobile app (PDF)
- Complete FRED Users Guide (PDF)
FRED Mobile App Tutorial
The FRED Mobile App lets you browse simulations of influenza epidemics for any U.S. location. You may also submit simulation requests and visualize the results from any mobile device
FRED Navigator Tutorial
FRED Navigator is a user-friendly interface tool that runs on your local computer (using Java). FRED Navigator lets you explore the effect of changing parameters on the epidemic outputs of FRED by accessing a database of previously computed scenarios.
Grefenstette JJ, Brown ST, Rosenfeld R, Depasse J, Stone NT, Cooley PC, Wheaton WD, Fyshe A, Galloway DD, Sriram A, Guclu H, Abraham T, Burke DS. FRED (A Framework for Reconstructing Epidemic Dynamics): An open-source software system for modeling infectious diseases and control strategies using census-based populations. BMC Public Health, 2013 Oct;13(1), 940. doi: 10.1186/1471-2458-13-940. PubMed PMID: 24103508.